With the widest range of corrosion resistance and superior impact resistance, Champion Haz Duct® XW Type Fiberglass Conduit offers a complete non-metallic solution that is specially constructed to handle the demands of hazardous industrial environments. Champion Haz Duct® is flame resistant with low-smoke characteristics, offering solid performance in even the most volatile surroundings.
Champion Haz Duct® XW Type Advantages
Champion Haz Duct® XW Type Conduit offers the following benefits:
Champion Haz Duct® Features
- Champion Fiberglass conduit’s UL Listed support spacing distances have doubled (and in some cases, tripled) for many conduit diameters; they are now comparable to those of GRC and PVC-coated steel
- Champion Haz Duct® XWall Conduit now features expanded support spacing distances for diameters from 3/4″ to 6″
- Offers a low-smoke solution for facility and personnel safety
- Has been shown to stop a .22 caliber bullet from a distance of 20 feet. This makes it an excellent choice for high-impact areas and special applications.
- Approved by the National Electrical Code (NEC) for Class I, Division 2 applications in the U.S. and by the Canadian Electrical Code (CEC) for Zone 1, Division 2 installations
- The lowest installation rates for most diameters according to the National Electrical Contractors Association (NECA) Manual of Labor Units
- Affordable material cost
- Lower total installation costs (labor plus material costs) for most diameters
- Light weight adds to easier installation and savings
- Low burn through
- Impressive corrosion resistance
- Ability to retain its shape after impact or compression
- Withstands extreme conditions and temperatures
- One of the lowest coefficients of friction of any in-market product
- Will not melt or weld the wire to the inside of the conduit under fault conditions
Champion Haz Duct® XW Type Data Sheets
Champion Haz Duct® XW Type SDS
Champion Haz Duct® XW Type Industries
Champion Haz Duct® has contributed to project success in the following industries:
Champion Haz Duct® XW Type Case Studies
These case studies show how Champion Haz Duct®’s safety features and strong-yet-lightweight engineering help build savings and advanced clients’ objectives; see all case studies here.
Champion Haz Duct® XW Type Engineering
Champion Haz Duct® Conduit meets the following specifications and requirements.
UL and Other Listings
- UL 2515-A Listed for above ground installations
- UL 2420 Listed for below ground installations
- UL Listed for extended support spacing distances
- Is CSA listed per CSA-22.2 No 211.3-96 standards
Champion Haz Duct® XW is UL Listed for extended support spacing distances.
- The National Electrical Code (NEC) for use in Class I, Div 2 installations
- The Canadian Electrical Code (CEC) for Zone 1, Div 2 installations
Fiberglass conduit is listed in Article 12-200 of the CEC (Canadian Electrical Code) as Rigid RTRC Conduit.
You’ll find it listed in the NEC (National Electrical Code) in Article 355 as Reinforced Thermosetting Resin Conduit.
Champion Fiberglass is a 100% digital facility that strives to meet environmental and system management requirements.
- Champion Fiberglass has been ISO 9001-certified for over a decade and was recently re-certified for the most recent version, ISO 9001:2015.
- The requirements of ISO 9001:2015 center on quality management systems.
- Champion Fiberglass’s environmental management systems have attained the ISO 14001:2015 certification, the world’s premier environmental management principles.
Champion Haz Duct® XW Type Installation and Estimation Guides
Use the Champion Fiberglass Conduit Calculator to compare the installation and material costs of Champion Fiberglass conduit vs. aluminum, PVC-coated steel, GRC, and stainless steel conduits.
Champion Haz Duct® XW Type Installation Videos
How to field cut Champion Fiberglass conduit, and how to prepare and make adhesive joints. You have four tool options: a handheld hacksaw with fine-tooth blade, a porta band saw, a chop saw with diamond-cutting blade or an abrasive cutter.
How to field bend Champion fiberglass conduit. You’ll need a PVC hot box, infrared digital thermometer, one-shot hydraulic conduit bender, a copy of the National Electrical Code Guidelines and the Champion Fiberglass catalog that comes with your fiberglass conduit.
Champion Haz Duct® XW Type Catalog and Info
These resources will help you compare Champion Fiberglass Haz Duct® to other in-market conduit materials; the catalog is available for download or to review online.
Champion Haz Duct® XW Type Conduit FAQs
Champion Haz Duct® XW Type Conduit has been shown to stop a .22 caliber bullet from a distance of 20 feet. This makes it an excellent choice for high impact areas and special applications.
A full list can be found in our catalog, and larger radii can be supplied. Bends can also be supplied with one or two bonded-on couplings.
The Joining System for Champion Haz Duct® XW Type conduit includes the adhesive joint (the straight socket joint combined with epoxy adhesive), Straight Socket, and various alignment/expansion joint types, as well as various adapters and couplings. To estimate the number of joints and adhesive cartridges necessary for your project, see our Epoxy Adhesive Calculator.
For information on which joints to use by application, and National Electrical Code (NEC) guidelines, visit our catalog. Contact us for assistance with your joint purchase in relation to your project specs.