Champion bridge hangers are the right match for non-metallic conduit. These fiberglass conduit hangers are available in two standard configurations: the popular Intermediate Hanger and our Anchor Hanger (an Intermediate Hanger with side bracing). Along with the standard options listed above, Champion Hangers® also come in alternate configurations, so you always have the right fit for your bridge-related projects.
For installation instructions, including electrical conduit mounting hardware information and bridge utility hangar details, please contact your local manufacturers representative or our factory at 281.655.8900.
Get an Estimate for Champion Bridge Conduit Hangers below.
Ready to learn more? Contact us today.
Champion Hangers have contributed to project safety and savings in the following industries:
Champion Hangers are shipped fully assembled with all necessary components.
- Are manufactured using isophthalic polyester resin and containing UV inhibitors.
- Contain a fire retardant and exhibit low smoke generation.
The support rods, intermediate rods, and all metallic hardware are:
- Manufactured as Hot Dipped Galvanized Steel, 304 Stainless Steel or 316 Stainless Steel.
- Assembled based on the specified application requirements.
- Note: Steel hangers should never be used in combination with fiberglass conduit.
Installation & Estimation
Catalog and Info
The Champion Fiberglass Hangers catalog is available for download or to review online.
Champion Hangers Types
The Champion Fiberglass Bridge Hanger system consists of two hanger types, Intermediate Hangers and Anchor Hangers.
The Intermediate Hangers are the most widely used “underbridge” type of conduit support hanger. The Intermediate Hanger consists of a trapeze hanging system comprised of fiberglass flat bar, (and/or) fiberglass square tube and steel threaded rods that are attached to the underside of the bridge. Fiberglass hangers are recommended for RTRC conduit to prevent abrasion of conduit during expansion/contraction.
Note: For conduit hangers 4″ and larger, the 1/4″ x 2″ square tubing is recommended. Hangers constructed with square tubing allow for maximum conduit support spans at 40% conduit wire fill.
The Anchor Hanger is the same construction as the Intermediate Hanger except that each hanger contains adjustable extending all-thread cross-members that are used to brace the hanger to the bridge structure. Anchor Hangers are recommended every 200 ft and used with split ring anchors to lock the fiberglass conduit into place. Locking the conduit into place allows the conduit system expansion joints to function as designed.
Location of Supports
The actual location of the hanger supports are determined by two factors:
- What the National Electric Code (NEC) stipulates.
- If not guided by the NEC, the conduit deflection charts contained in this catalog should be used as a guideline for determining the conduit support distances. All of the graphs contained in this catalog are shown for five (5) different mid-span locations. After determining the total weight of the cable, the support span distance is determined based on the maximum allowable mid-span deflection. Champion Fiberglass recommends not exceeding 5/8″ mid-span deflection.
Note: Consult the NEC for deflection guidelines when other conduit material types (PVC, GRC, etc.) are used.