Port Authority/Coastal Environments
Conduit that stands up to the tests of sun and sea. Easy to install and cost effective.
Coastal and port authority projects are characterized by exposure to sun and saltwater, extreme weather and unique installation scenarios. When you need conduit for this environment, you need the one name that stands up to the elements and makes complex installations easier.
From weather resistance to its lightweight nature to our Haz Duct® XW type conduit built to withstand debris, Champion Fiberglass helps ensure worry-free performance and smooth installation – whether rain or shine.
Here’s how fiberglass conduit shines in port authority and coastal environments:
- For high impact situations caused by weather and debris, Haz Duct® XW offers protection as it’s been shown to stop a .22 caliber bullet from a distance of 20 feet.
- Regarding sun exposure, Champion Duct is UV stable per UL 2515 and CSA C22.2 No. 211.3-96, so it won’t degrade in constant sunlight.
- Because of its wide temperature range, fiberglass conduit retains its properties at low temperatures, tolerating extreme environments and allowing year-round installations. Haz Duct® maintains its mechanical properties from low temperatures of -60°F to high temperatures of 250°F.
- Per the Fiberglass Pipe Institute, fiberglass conduit is shown to be resistant to sea water so it safeguards against saltwater corrosion.
- Lightweight fiberglass conduit makes installation easier due to its light weight. In some cases, fiberglass conduit weighs one-twelfth that of other conduit types.
Featured Blog Posts
Ever since the Panama Canal was widened in 2016, more and more U.S. ports are following suit with upgrades to accommodate bigger ships and new technology.