Champion Fiberglass Elbows are being used in more applications than ever – utilities, data centers and wastewater treatment plants, to name a few. Ideal for electrical conduit sweeps, a low coefficient of friction and a single circuit winding process keeps cables from burning through fiberglass conduit elbows and damaging the cable. They’re also lightweight and easy to install. According to NECA, fiberglass installation labor time is a fraction of what it is for galvanized rigid steel or PVC coated – especially for jobs with fiberglass conduit sweeps at larger diameters.
Champion Fiberglass Elbows and Xpress Elbows Advantages
In addition to their light weight, low coefficient of friction, and low burn through, Champion Elbows offer the following benefits:
- Easy installation; when ordered with two deep socket PVC couplings, the fiberglass elbows are easily glued in place using PVC glue.
- Excellent insulation; because fiberglass conduit is non-conductive, grounding bushings and exothermic grounding are not required for protection during a cable fault.
- Handles low temperatures; fiberglass maintains its mechanical properties to -60°F.
- Cost effective; comparable installed elbows give Champion Fiberglass elbows the price advantage.
Champion Elbows and Xpress Elbows Industries
Champion Elbows and Xpress Elbows have contributed to project safety and savings in the following industries:
Champion Elbows and Xpress Elbows Case Studies
This case study shows how Champion Elbows’ light weight and cost effectiveness are contributing to data center success. See all case studies here.
Champion Elbows and Xpress Elbows Availability
Champion Fiberglass is offering 48-hour-or-less shipping for our most popular elbows. Choose from plain-ended or PVC deep-socket coupling transitions in the following sizes.
Orders of 100 pieces or less ship within 48 hours
- 12″ radius, 2″ IPS x 90°
- 24″ radius, 4″ IPS x 90°
- 36″ radius, 4/5/6″ IPS x 90°
Our full line of elbows are available in:
- Sizes 3/4″ to 12″
- Other radii, including very large radii
- Other angles as standard (11¼°, 22½°, 30°)
- Below ground or above ground
- Plain end for fiberglass conduit systems
Champion Elbows and Xpress Elbows Engineering
Champion Elbows and Xpress Elbows meet the following specifications and requirements.
Champion Fiberglass Elbows are UL 2515 Listed for above ground use.
Fiberglass conduit is listed in Article 12-200 of the CEC (Canadian Electrical Code) as Rigid RTRC Conduit.
You’ll find it listed in the NEC (National Electrical Code) in Article 355 as Reinforced Thermosetting Resin Conduit.
Champion Fiberglass is a 100% digital facility that strives to meet environmental and system management requirements.
- Champion Fiberglass has been ISO 9001-certified for over a decade and was recently re-certified for the most recent version, ISO 9001:2015.
- The requirements of ISO 9001:2015 center on quality management systems.
- Champion Fiberglass’s environmental management systems have attained the ISO 14001:2015 certification, the world’s premier environmental management principles.
Champion Elbows and Xpress Elbows Product Info
These resources will help you compare Champion Elbows and Xpress Elbows to other in-market conduit materials.
Champion Fiberglass Conduit Elbows and Xpress Elbows FAQs
Fiberglass elbows are frequently provided with PVC couplings to transition to underground PVC conduits. Also, PVC or fiberglass male/female adapters are used to transition to GRC and PVC-coated rigid steel conduits. We only recommend using fiberglass couplings for fiberglass-to-fiberglass connections.