Hanger Quotation Forms
Champion Fiberglass’ Hangers (Champion ) are offered in a wide variety of combinations. All of the components that can come in contact with the fiberglass conduit are made from fiberglass. The standard components making a Champion Hanger are:
- 1⁄2″ Thick x 2″ wide fiberglass flatbar (horizontal cross member). Sometimes, the flatbar is substituted for 2″ x 2″ x 1⁄4″ fiberglass square – tubing for increased strength.
- 3⁄4″ Hot dipped galvanized threaded rod (for trapeze hanging) with necessary hardware. Sometimes stainless steel threaded rod is used instead, especially where chlorine (incl. salt) can be present
- 1″ fiberglass tubing, sleeved on the outside of the threaded rod
Steel hangers shall never be used in combination with fiberglass conduit.
The hangers are offered in two main configurations:
- Intermediate hanger, the most widely used type
- hanger, which is an intermediate hanger with side bracing
Depending on the conduit used, the window opening will vary. In this table are Champion Fiberglass’ recommendations of window openings for different conduit sizes.