For conduit, strut and hangers, fiberglass options offer a number of benefits over traditional materials like steel or PVC.
Save time and Money, while ensuring Better Performance
It’s time to upgrade our expectations of conduit in the field. From corrosion resistance to avoiding “burn through,” Champion Fiberglass is the best choice of conduit for approved applications from an engineering standpoint.
- Unlike some other materials, fiberglass will not melt or weld wire to the inside of the conduit under fault conditions.
- Fiberglass does not release toxic halogens (i.e. chlorine and bromine) when burned.
- With a low coefficient of thermal expansion, good UV stability and the ability to retain its properties in a wide range of temperatures, fiberglass conduit and accessories can be used in any number of ambient conditions for year-round installations.
- Fiberglass has one of the lowest coefficients of friction available today for conduit systems and is completely resistant to the corrosive properties of current pulling lubricants.
- Fiberglass is shown to retain shape after impact or compression, giving it the flexibility and strength to stand up to extreme conditions, such as earthquakes, better than many other options.
- All Champion Fiberglass products are manufactured in the United States, ensuring quality and qualifications for domestic supplier requirements.
Fiberglass is already one of the most economical options available. With its lightweight nature and ease of cutting, fiberglass conduit and accessories create additional savings through easy installation and handling—which means a reduction in labor costs. With the ability to run conduit at longer lengths with fewer manholes needed during installation, the choice for fiberglass is a choice for significant savings throughout the duration of a project.
And with solid performance that stands up to a wide range of ambient environments, fiberglass is built to last—passing along savings to those who manage or operate any finished projects.
When compared to conventional conduit materials, offers the lowest weight, yet is still very rigid—making it easy to handle and easy to install. And with one of the lowest coefficients of friction available today for conduit systems, offers a number of additional benefits, like no “burn through” when pulling cable and a reduction in the number of manholes necessary for installation, when applicable.
Champion Fiberglass has the most advanced production facilities for the manufacturing of conduit in North America. In every round of production, our highly skilled engineers utilize and closely monitor a proprietary winding process to achieve maximum strength and rigidity. Additionally, we utilize a special cooling bath process to develop the proper characteristics in every product.
Every step in the process is carefully monitored, managed and tested, so our products stand up to the most stringent quality standards. It’s what helps us stand out from the rest of the pack—and what helps you do more on every project. Champion Fiberglass is the only conduit manufacturer that has the prestigious ISO 9001 certification.
It’s not hard to find a Champion. From wastewater treatment plants to subway systems, Champion Fiberglass conduits, struts and bridge hangers are delivering big performance for big projects all across the United States. Our products include:
Constructed with features to handle above ground, subterranean and hazardous environment applications—Champion Fiberglass is the solid choice for every project.